Physiotherapy And The Expectations
What should you expect on your first physiotherapy care visit?
On any given first clinic visit, such as Fysiotherapie & Manuele Therapie Almelo, there is always filling up forms with the option of paying cash or using your health card, should you have one. Along with this is history taking and physical examination. Here are a few things you should think about before you go to your clinic appointment:
– Past and present medical history.
– Past surgical history.
– Current and past medications.
– Allergies, if there is any.
– Social history.
– Family history.
After verifying your appointment, the front desk assistant may direct you to the examining room or the waiting room if there are other patients. After being called for your appointment, expect the following:
A simple physical examination will then be performed to have a thorough evaluation of the patientâs complaint. Once a diagnosis has been made, a treatment plan will be discussed with the patient. In some cases, there will be further need for scanning for better diagnosis. Otherwise, the physiotherapist will be discussing the treatment options with the patient.
The first physiotherapy treatment session will then be scheduled if the patient consents. After your consultation, you will again be directed to the reception area to settle fees, either in cash or through your health card.
If with a health card, sign the corresponding forms, wait for confirmation from the health card company, and pay the co-pay if there is any. Once all is settled, you will have a confirmation for your next scheduled follow-up visit or treatment session.
Physiotherapy Aftercare – What to Do After Physiotherapy Therapy
1. Ice: It is usual to feel an amount of discomfort and soreness. Ice is the best anti-inflammatory and it is free. Wrap in a towel and place over the area of pain. Leave on for about 20 minutes.
2. Keep moving: Gentle moving and stretching will help keep the joints mobile. It will also speed up the healing process.
3. Avoid strenuous exercise: You don’t want to overdo things. Re-injuries might happen.
4. Keep yourself hydrated: Avoid alcohol and caffeine.
5. Avoid hot baths: Warm showers are fine.
6. Be sure to follow scheduled therapy sessions.
Physiotherapy Care History
Physiotherapy care dates back from the beginning of time. Recorded writings from China and Greece have mentioned the use of spinal manipulation for low back pain.
Was an interest to Hippocrates, the famous Greek physician, and he wrote, Get knowledge of the spine, for this is the requisite for many diseases.
Has been given legal recognition to physiotherapist in the US in the 20th century. This has led to continuing growth of physiotherapy care worldwide.
Research and studies conducted around the world have yielded incredibly influential results. This has made physiotherapists the pioneers in the field of non-invasive care.